In my practice I offer Psychological Wellbeing Services and Personal Development Services. Both services are neuroscience research supported, and are designed and delivered through the Bio-Psycho-Social mental health lens.
The difference you ask?
- Here is where I take a more psychotherapeutic approach to mental health and wellbeing, through personal psychotherapy sessions as well as group therapy sessions.
- Click Here for More Information
- Here is where I take a more psycho-educational approach to mental health and wellbeing. Personal development is so important in human flourishing. Understanding that this is a process and not a final destination is the first step in living your best life. It is a process that we incorporate into our lives, in an ongoing way, by continually learning and applying a variety of strategies. I have created the opportunity to explore your own personal development goals in two formats, personalized coaching sessions and workshops. If you are interested in exploring ways to improve your personal awareness and identity, ways that help you to develop your talents and potential, ways to enhance the quality of your life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations, please see below for some of coaching and workshop themes and topics.
- Currently offering “Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation” to companies. Contact me if you would like this 2hr workshop offered to in your company.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) – 8-Week Program! – Cancelled due to COVID-19, exploring online delivery.
- Koru Mindfulness Meditation: 4-weeks, 70min/class, currently available for online delivery.
- What’s Available:
- Online Workshop Series
- Online EQ-i Assessment & Feedback
- Online Personal EQ Coaching Sessions for EQ Growth and Development
- What’s Available:
Understanding Your Personality
- Online Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Workshop
- Online Personal Coaching Sessions
- Online Career Clarity Workshop Series: Values, Interests, Personality, Academic Planning
- Online Personal Career Counselling Sessions
- “Compassion Fatigue: A Workshop for Humans Working with Humans” – Available Online
- “Stress Management in Difficult Times” – Available Online
- Exploring the possibility to do this via phone “conference call”. Walking together separately.
- Guided mood walk from a mental health specialist.
Creativity and Wellness
- In Development – Coming Soon!
*Please ask, if there is a theme that you are interested in that is not listed, I am happy to customize, and personalize, a workshop for your group. I have been teaching and facilitating in various capacities, on many topics, since 1987. Happy to work together 🙂
Our mental health and well-being depends on…
the things that happen to us,
how we make sense of those events
and how we respond to them.
Dr. Peter Kinderman
Fees: I am a Registered Psychotherapist (RP) in Ontario, please check with your extended healthcare provider as some insurance covers RP services; as well, some of my services can be claimed as a medical expense on your income taxes. I offer a rage of fees to match my services, please see below for more information.
- Psychotherapy ($150 per hour): This is an empirically informed process of treating mental health issues, in a non-medical way, through exploration, communication, relationship factors, cognitive and emotional strategies, etc., between an individual and a therapist. There are multiple approaches that are empirically supported and shown to alleviate psychological suffering and can positively change the neurobiology of the brain. It is important to find the right fit for you.
- Career Counselling and Coaching:
- Assessment Feedback ($150 per hour): This is for assessments such as the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI), The Strong Interest Inventory (SII), The Emotion Quotient Inventory (EQ-i), etc. This includes the cost of the assessment materials and feedback of the results.
- Individual Sessions: ($100 per hour): This includes all career counselling after assessment, which can involve, exploration of options, decision-making, preparation for next steps (such as university/college applications). Coaching can be around a variety of personal development goals such as Emotional Intelligence.
- Clinical Supervision ($100 per hour): for Qualifying Registered Psychotherapists (Ontario), for time spent in consultation.
Payment Options: I accept payment by cash, cheque, e-mail transfer or through my online counselling platform using a secure service (STRIPE). I will provide you with a digital receipt that you can submit to your insurance provider.
Cancellation Policy: 48 hours notice is required for cancellation of a psychotherapy session. Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged half of the full regular fee.
Please contact me if you have any questions or requests 🙂